Outreach and Education
Sola Gratia Farm is committed to increasing access and demand for fresh, healthy food and transferring sustainable food production skills, particularly to low income community members, while building and enhancing community.
To this end, Sola Gratia Farm:
-offers farm tours to community, service, and school groups;
- partners with the Champaign Park District and the Champaign County Farm Bureau to
offer summer Beginning Farmer day camps for low-income youth;
- partners with students from Champaign Park District and Douglass Park Community
Center on community gardens at Douglass Park;
- supplies vegetable starts to three elementary school gardens and several local community
gardens including Prosperity Garden, the Lierman & Washington garden, Randolph Street
garden and Mother Carr Farm;
- offers workshops and activities to share food production skills;
- is a work site for at-risk youth from both the Cunningham Children’s Home and the
Champaign READY program.